- The Rock County 4-H Club began in 1917 when the county hired
it's first "county agent" - L. A.
- MARKHAM - to head an agricultural education program
for the rural youth. Four county-wide groups were formed (corn,
dairy calf, sheep and and baby beef) with the assistance of the
YMCA and Rock County Farm Bureau. Roy T. GLASSCO became
the county agent in 1919.
- District clubs were organized in Clinton, Evansville, Milton
and Newark in 1927. By this time, the
- Rock County 4-H clubs boasted a membership of more than 700
boys and girls.
- For more information regarding the Rock County 4-H Club,
read The Janesville Gazette's
- August 14, 1985, article "Craig
is father of 4-H fair here."