Rockford, Beloit & Janesville Interurban

Rock County, Wisconsin

The Rockford, Beloit & Janesville Interurban railway line began in November of 1902 and ran into the south side of Janesville on South Jackson Street. It combined with the Janesville Street Railway Co. in 1907 (formed in 1886 as a horse-drawn trolley service) to have two routes one including Milton Avenue and another to link Janesville's downtown with its Oakhill and Mt. Olivet cemeteries.

The USGenWeb Project logo is the property of The USGenWeb Project
The WIGenWeb-Rock County Logo was created by Rock County Coordinator Lori Niemuth

Links to external web sites are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval of any of the products, services or opinions contained in any external web site.


Last updated June 19, 2008
Copyright 1999-2008