Emma Wolf BINDER


SHAWANO COUNTY ADVOCATE DISPATCH
Thursday, April 23, 1903

BURNED TO DEATH
MRS. WM. BINDER OF PELLA MEETS HORRIBLE DEATH

News reached Shawano Wednesday morning of the death of Mrs. Wm. Binder at her home in the town of Pella. The Advocate Dispatch received word by phone from Pella yesterday evening, that Mrs. Binder was heating kerosene in a kettle, which they were to use for a sick horse. The oil caught fire and she started to take the kettle out doors when the fire filled the room and burned her so that she died in the evening. Her little girl three years old also was burned, but it is thought that she will recover. It was one of the worse accidents that has happened in Shawano county for some time. Mrs. Binder was in the neighborhood of 30 years of age and leaves a husband and two small children.