Descendants of Frederich Louis Karnagel
Generation No. 1
1. FREDERICH LOUIS1 KARNAGEL was born October 12, 1842 in Wiesig, Wittenberg, Sachsen, Preusen, Germany, and died Aft. 1906 in Calgary, Alberta , Canada. He married WIDELL.
Notes for FREDERICH LOUIS KARNAGEL:
1906 census, Sign Karnagel.
Child of FREDERICH KARNAGEL and WIDELL is:
2. i. REINHOLD2 KARNAGEL, b. February 03, 1858, Wittenberg, Germany; d. August 28, 1929, Vernon, Enderby, British Columbia, Canada.
Generation No. 2
2. REINHOLD2 KARNAGEL (FREDERICH LOUIS1) was born February 03, 1858 in Wittenberg, Germany, and died August 28, 1929 in Vernon, Enderby, British Columbia, Canada. He married WILHELMINE HENRIETTA GROF, daughter of ERNEST GROF and KATHERINE SCHOPPE. She was born July 04, 1866 in Odessa, Russia, and died March 25, 1950 in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Notes for REINHOLD KARNAGEL:
His official death record states his father was Frederick Karnagel and his mother was Widell.
Passports in Canada: 11-12-1895: Reinhold Karnagel, residence at Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada.
Ellis Island records, Antwerp to NYC, 9-15-1902:
Reinhold 45, engineer, Nationality: Canadian.
**He stated he was on his way to his Cousin Oswald Karnagel in Winnipeg, CA
1906 census: Calgary, Alberta, Canada:
Rhinholdt Karnagel, 45
Sign Karnagel, 72
Ellis Island records, Bremen to NYC to Didsbury, Canada: 4-24-1911:
Reinhold 53, born Wittenberg, resides at Disbury, Canada
Wilhelmine 44, born Odessa , Russia, "
Louise 19, born Plum Coulee, Canada.
1911 Canada census: Red Deer, Alberta Province, Canada:
Keinlion Karnagle b. 2-1858 Germany
Schelmina Karnagel b. 1867 Russia
Louise Karnagel b. 2-1893 Alabama.
1909: Edmonton, Canada: Reinhold Karnagel is appointed as Commisioner to take affidavits.
In 1925 Reinhold Karnagel established the Palace Creamery, in the Moffet House, at Enderby, Bristish Columbia, Canada.
He died 1929. His widow was refused information about her husband's will, she was Mrs. R. Karnagel, of Enderby, BC, Canada, papers dated November to December 1929. (archives of Canada)
Canada archives website:
Reinhold Karnagel, Jr. Western Land Grants, 1870-1930.
NE, 12, 31, 24, W4
Jesse Dumars Camp near Reinhold Karnagel
NW 12 31 24 W4
Paul R. Karnagel near William Arthur Drury
NW 7 31 23 W4
Notes for WILHELMINE HENRIETTA GROF:
Mrs. R. Karnagel of Enderby, British Columbia, was refused information on her husband's Will. Date: November to December 1929.
Children of REINHOLD KARNAGEL and WILHELMINE GROF are:
i. HENRIETTA3 KARNAGEL, b. Abt. 1887; d. 1950, British Columbia, Canada.
3. ii. JULIA KARNAGEL, b. March 07, 1889, Odessa, Russia; d. January 16, 1975, Springfield, Illinois.
iii. PAUL R. KARNAGEL, b. 1890; d. Aft. 1911.
Notes for PAUL R. KARNAGEL:
1911 census, Red Deer District, Alberta Province, Paul Karnagel b. 1890
Paul R. Karnagel : Western Land Grants, Canada: NW, section 7, twp 31, range 23, meridian W4
iv. LOUISE KARNAGEL, b. February 1893, Alabama; d. 1961, British Columbia, Canada.
Generation No. 3
3. JULIA3 KARNAGEL (REINHOLD2, FREDERICH LOUIS1) was born March 07, 1889 in Odessa, Russia, and died January 16, 1975 in Springfield, Illinois. She married WALTER WILLIAM FREDERICK ALBRECHT June 27, 1908 in Hubbell, Michigan. He was born December 10, 1886 in Lebanon, Wisconsin, and died November 16, 1961 in Springfield, Illinois.
Notes for JULIA KARNAGEL:
Obituary: Book 4, page 245, Shawano County
Obit stated she came to settle at Didsburg, Alberta, Canada with her parents at age 14 (about 1903)
Notes for WALTER WILLIAM FREDERICK ALBRECHT:
1909: they were living at Hubbell, Houghton, Michigan
1910 census: Houghton Co, Michigan
Walter and Julia Albracht (surname mis-spelled)
1920 census: Living at Marquette, Wisconsin
Walter Albrecht 34 b. WS
Julia (Karnagel) b. 1890 Russia
Hulda L. Albrecht 8
Walter R. 6
Gertrude H. 4 yr 6 months
1930 census: Sangamon, IL
Walter and Julia Albrecht
1900 census: Milwaukee, WI
WW1 draft: Walter Fred Albrecht at Marquette, WI
WW2 draft: Walter William Frederick Albrecht, born WI, living at IL.
Ancestry.com Family Tree: Rev. Walter Albrecht, b. 1885
Viergutz Family Tree.
Rev. Albrecht was a Lutheran theologian, he wrote "Christian Dogmatics" published 1953, St. Louis, MO.
More About WALTER WILLIAM FREDERICK ALBRECHT:
Burial: Oakland Cemetery, Springfield, IL
Children of JULIA KARNAGEL and WALTER ALBRECHT are:
i. BABY4 ALBRECHT, b. 1909, Michigan; d. March 20, 1909, Hubbell, Houghton, Michigan.
4. ii. HULDA LOUISE ALBRECHT, b. February 03, 1911, Hubbell, Houghton, Michigan; d. August 25, 2004, Shawano Co, WI.
iii. WALTER R. ALBRECHT, b. 1914; d. Bef. 2004; m. LEONA.
Notes for WALTER R. ALBRECHT:
lived at Elm Grove, IL
iv. GERTRUDE H. ALBRECHT, b. 1916; d. Bef. 2004; m. MILTON EGGERT.
v. FLORENCE ALBRECHT, d. Aft. 2004; m. RUEBEN KELTO; d. Bef. 2004.
Notes for FLORENCE ALBRECHT:
lived in Dayton, Ohio
Generation No. 4
4. HULDA LOUISE4 ALBRECHT (JULIA3 KARNAGEL, REINHOLD2, FREDERICH LOUIS1) was born February 03, 1911 in Hubbell, Houghton, Michigan, and died August 25, 2004 in Shawano Co, WI. She married JOHN GOERGEN 1943. He died 1952.
Notes for HULDA LOUISE ALBRECHT:
Obituary: Shawano County, Book 71, page 59
More About HULDA LOUISE ALBRECHT:
Burial: Woodlawn Cemetery, Shawano, Wisconsin
Children of HULDA ALBRECHT and JOHN GOERGEN are:
5. i. JOHN5 GOERGEN, b. Bet. 1943 - 1952.
6. ii. MARGARET GOERGEN, b. Bet. 1943 - 1952.
Generation No. 5
5. JOHN5 GOERGEN (HULDA LOUISE4 ALBRECHT, JULIA3 KARNAGEL, REINHOLD2, FREDERICH LOUIS1) was born Bet. 1943 - 1952. He married BARBARA.
Children of JOHN GOERGEN and BARBARA are:
i. LISA6 GOERGEN.
ii. CRAIG GOERGEN.
6. MARGARET5 GOERGEN (HULDA LOUISE4 ALBRECHT, JULIA3 KARNAGEL, REINHOLD2, FREDERICH LOUIS1) was born Bet. 1943 - 1952. She married PAUL ROOD.
Children of MARGARET GOERGEN and PAUL ROOD are:
i. JOSEPH6 ROOD.
ii. JULIA ROOD.