Linwood Cemetery Walk - 2003
The Linwood Union Cemetery, also known as the Woodlawn Cemetery, is located
next to the Linwood Town Hall on Mill Creek Road just off County Highway
P, Portage County, Wisconsin. Although organized as a public burial site
in 1900, grave markers indicate burials as early as the 1880s. The cemetery
is non-affiliated, managed and maintained by the Linwood Union Cemetery Association.
Most of the people buried in the cemetery were residents of Linwood Township, although burials of Linwood descendents who have resided outside the township have increased in recent years. According to Guyant's Cemetery Index, the oldest marked gravesite is that of FREDRICA BROWN, who died 20 June 1879. Several Linwood Township pioneer families, ATHORP and SIEMANS, also have burial sites here. Three generations of FROST are buried in the cemetery.
If you go: Wear comfortable shoes. The cemetery acreage is mounded and uneven.
Maps and Lists: Ed Pierce, Cemetery Association Treasurer, Port Edwards Wisconsin maintains the cemetery map and grave site list.
Need more Information: Contact any of the Linwood Cemetery Association members, including Mr. Frost and Mr. Pierce.