Ghost Town of Aurora
Once the home of one of the area's earliest post offices, the community of Aurora was located on the west side of the old Green Bay Trail (now Highway 31) just north of Kenosha County Highway K. Willis Tavern opened in the early 1830s. A Chicago-Milwaukee Stagecoach line began operating in 1836 and had a stop in Aurora. The post office finally closed in 1843. No traces of the community exist today.
© 2011 - Present Compilation Copyright. All Rights Reserved. Not for commercial use without express written permission of the copyright holder.