A team from the Brecknock Group is making a series of visits to survey and record monumental inscriptions at Troedrhiwdalar Independent Chapel graveyard.
Photography by Rob Eckley and John Ball
Troedrhiwdalar Chapel and graveyard
The chapel was built in 1704. Rebuilding works took place in 1811, 1854, and 1886, the latter to the design of architect John Humphreys of Morriston. The steps lead up to a schoolroom, originally above a ground-floor stable, built in-line with the chapel.
Part of the graveyard is on a precipitous incline.
Alison Noble and Eirwen Jones scrutinise an old tombstone.
Sue Snook and Rob Eckley double-check their transcriptions.
Hilary Williams and Sue Snook find two heads are better than one!
Malcolm Jones (left) in lively conversation with David James.