The Legal Chorale
The Hampshire County WV Home Pages, part of the WVGenWeb,
are copyrighted by Cheryl H. Singhal, 1996, unless copyright is
expressly stated as being owned by another.
For permission to use any part of these pages, please request a mailing address.
Permission to use copyrighted material will NOT be granted via e-
Much of the information contained herein is from my memory of
what was taught during those long years of West Virginia History
followed up by more years of American History.
Other information is paraphrased from previously published
sources a complete examination of which is encouraged. Among
these copyrighted publications are:
© 1996 Cheryl Singhal; All Rights Reserved
- The South Branch Intelligencer newspaper
- The Hampshire Review newspaper
- Historic Hampshire, Hampshire county's Bicentennial book
- DAR Patriot Index, 1996 ed.
- History of the Cresaps, 1981 ed.
- Historic Romney, a WPA project, copyrighted 1937.
- Shanholtzer Family History and Allied Family Roots, c1981.
- Extracts of the 1830s SBI by Vicki B. Horton
- Romney Bicentennial, c 1962.
- West Virginia Stories and Biographies, c1942