GOOD SHEPHERD LUTHERAN CHURCH
The Lutheran Church appeared on the colonial scene In West Virginia as early as 1765, when
the first Lutheran Congregation was established in Mecklenburg (Shepherdstown). Others
followed in Pendleton Co. 1769, Martinsburg 1775, and Salem (Aurora) Preston Co. 1789.
It was not until 1957 that the Introduction of heavy industry brought Lutherans into the Mid
Ohio Valley. Board Missionary, Rev. Milo Gerbering of the Lutheran Church in America,
started a Lutheran Mission, organizing Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in 1958 and was
called to be the first Pastor 1958 - 68. The first Unit of the Church Building Program was
dedicated in 1964, located on North State Route #2. The previous pastors were Rev. Herbert
Dubler l969 - 72, Rev. Donald Yost 1974 - 75. Serving as the present pastor Is Rev. Charles L.